Discover the “Heart and Soul” of Bucharest and find out why it’s one of the most popular choices for delicious traditional Romanian food, history, culture and nightlife. Join our Bucharest Food Tour and be amazed!
Taste hand-made platters at Hanu’ lui Manuc, a true royal inn on the lively streets of Lipscani. For centuries, it has been the only traditional functional inn in Europe. From adventures with outlaws, treasures, boyars and ladies, to romances and even historical discussions, the inn has stood as witness to everything.
The next big stop on our tour is the centre of our world and it embodies all the good things in Romanian life, past and present symbol. At Caru’ cu bere you will enjoy traditional food, made from recipes created decades ago, along with an amazing house beer, an unique and well-kept recipe, all of this in a place loaded with history and 19th century bourgeois architecture.
A gastronomy tour is so much more than a culinary experience. We love how it allows the visitors to connect to the city with the help of our people on the ground. It’s not just to hear about the food and the culinary traditions; you’re meeting up with a person who can introduce you to their own favourite spots (and give you their own insider tips for the rest of your trip).
Join our tour and this blend of history and food will reveal to you a side of Bucharest you never knew existed!
- a unique and memorable food tasting experience through delicious, historic, and off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods, while walking with a guide; for locals & visitors.
- a food and cultural journey, taken for pleasure, visiting places of interest while tasting foods along a specific route
Language: English / Romanian
Weather: Tours are rain/shine and great anytime! Find out what to wear!
Allergies: Vegetarian diet accommodated on this tour. Note all allergies when booking.
Meeting place: It depends on your location. We will let you know in advance!
Highlights of the tour:
- Spend the evening discovering the culinary history of downtown Bucharest
- Taste aperitifs and recipes from long ago
- Learn about the Romanian streets’ history
- Enjoy a traditional Romanian home-style dinner
- Find out why Romanians love sweets so much