The Cookies Policy hereby applies to all users of the www.travelingtulip.ro website. The information below aims to inform website users about the placement, use and administration of cookies by The Traveling Tulip SRL whenever they visit this web page.
2. What are cookies?
The term ”cookie” refers to cookie modules and similar technologies by means of which information can be collected automatically.
An ”Internet Cookie” (also referred to as ”browser cookie” or ”HTTP Cookie” or ”cookie”) is a small-size text document, containing letters and numbers, which will be saved on the computer, mobile device or other equipment through which a user accesses the internet.
Cookies are installed through a request emitted by a web-server towards a browser (eg. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Once they are installed, Cookies have a determined life time and remain ”passive”, in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access information on the hard drive of the user on whose equipment they were installed.
A cookie is composed of two parts: the name of the cookie and the content or the value of the cookie.
From a technical point of view, only the web-server from which the cookie has been sent can access it again the moment an user goes back on the internet page associated to the same web-server.
3. For which purposes are cookies used on this website
Cookies are used in order to supply users of this webpage with a better browsing experience and with services tailored according to each user’s needs and points of interest, namely to:
- improve the usability of this website, including identifying all types of errors occurring while visiting/using the website;
- supply The Traveling Tulip SRL, as the owner of the website, anonymous statistic data concerning the use of the website;
- anticipate potential future goods to be made available for users on the website, in function of the assets/services already accessed by the users.
Based on the feedback received from cookies concerning the use of this website, The Traveling Tulip SRL can take measures so that this website is more efficient and more accessible to users.
- access to the user’s account;
- posting comments on the website.
4. How long does a cookie last?
The lifetime of cookies can have significant variations, according to the purpose of their placement. Cookies divide into the following categories, determining their life time:
- Session cookies – a “Session Cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes the browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookies – a Persistent Cookie is a cookie that is stored on the user’s equipment until it reaches a determined expiring date (which can be of a few minutes, days or years) or until the user deletes it, whenever he decides, by accessing the browser’s settings.
5. What are third-party cookies?
Certain information sections on our web page can be supplied by third parties, that is, not by The Traveling Tulip SRL, in which case cookies are called third party cookies.
Third party cookies can be placed by Google Analytics or Facebook.
6. What kind of cookies does this website use?
This website can place he following types of cookies:
- Performance cookies (of the website)
- User analysis cookies
- Geographical targeting cookies
- Login cookies
- Advertising cookies
- Cookies placed by advertisers
- Performance cookies
By this kind of cookies, the preferences of the users of this website are saved, so that setting the same preferences during each visit to the website is no longer necessary.
- User analysis cookies: this kind of cookies tells us whether a certain user of the website has already visited/used our website before. These cookies are only used for statistical purposes.
- Geographical targeting cookies: these cookies are used by a software application which determines the country from which the user accesses the website. The same ads will be delivered regardless of the selected language.
- Log-in cookies: when you log in to this website, some cookies are generated to memorize your log on. Servers use these cookies in order to indicate us the account you logged in with. The use of this kind of cookies allows us to associate any comment posted on our website with the username of the account used for log on. In case the option “keep me logged in” has not been checked, these cookies will be automatically deleted when the browsing session ends.
- Advertising cookies: this kind of cookies provides allow us to know whether an online ad was seen by the user, the type of the respective ad, and the time elapsed since the user saw the ad. Therefore, this kind of cookies is used for online ad targeting. These cookies are anonymous and they hold information concerning the visualized content, not the users.
7. What kind of information is retained and accessed through cookies?
Cookies save information in a small-size text document that allows the recognition of the user browser. This website keeps the browser recognition until cookies expire or are deleted.
8. Customizing browser settings concerning cookies
If using cookies doesn’t bother you and the PC or technical equipment used when browsing this website is used only by yourself, you can set long expire times for your browser history.
If the PC or the technical equipment used when browsing this website is used by more than one person, you can examine the possibility of setting the browser to delete individual browsing data each time the browser is closed.
9. How to block cookies?
Disabling cookies or not allowing them to be placed can make this webpage difficult to visit, limiting the functionalities of the website.
Users can customize their browser to block cookies or to only allow cookies from a particular website.
All modern browsers allow users the possibility to change cookie settings. These settings can be accessed, as a rule, from the “Options” section or the “Preferences” menu of your browser.
Nevertheless, not allowing or disabling cookies doesn’t mean that you won’t receive online advertising – but only that the advertising you will receive will not be tailored according to your preferences and interests, as captured by your browsing behavior.
To better understand these settings, the following links can be useful:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari